Recent Posts

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Artisan Thursday: Subee Originals

Hi, and welcome back to Artisan Thursday! Today's Artisan is Sue from Subee Originals, maker of some fantastic hand-painted pins & pendants.

Lavender & Lace Pendant

I am a 30 year registered nurse, single again with 2 gown daughters and 7 grandchildren (some of which live with me). I have always been crafty as long as I can remember. When I was a little girl I used to sit and string buttons on yarn while my grandmother sewed. My grandmother taught me a lot of things and instilled in me that I could do anything I wanted to do. Now I seem to think I can do it all and I get to involved in too many things and have to limit myself! I not only paint, I also sew, quilt, make soap, crochet and on and on. The breast cancer pin was the first one I painted. I am a third generation survivor and am very blessed to still have a grandmother. She is 93 and a 35 year survivor.
I decided to open my shop because I am tired of working so much and want to do more crafty things. It is very relaxing to me, no matter how many items I am pressed to complete. I think my items are unique because they come from my heart and my hands that God has blessed to make these items.

Collegiate Pins

I am influenced by just about everything around me. I can drive down the street, see a tree, a cloud, a person or hear a song and an idea "pops" into my head. Immediately I write it down and then can't wait to create it.
Right now, I would have to say that the snowman heart pin/pendant is my favorite.
Looking at my shop, I know that people can see I am fun and creative but they would never guess that I am also a gospel music singer. (not professional). I just love anything in the art field...how I became a nurse is beyond me; but I thank God for the profession and the ability to care for people and help them through their hard times.
I am a PC and since opening my shop I have learned that there are millions of people just like me who want to share their talents with the world and I believe that together we can all make it happen!
So don't give up!

Ollie Octopus Pin

I just love this adorable octopus! Subee Originals is a great shop- make sure to swing on by! Thanks for being on the blog, Sue!

Do you have an Artfire shop that you'd like me to feature, or one you'd like to read about? Is there something you're dying to know about the featured artisan that I neglected to ask? Email me at atomiccupcakeknits@gmail.com!

0 comments:

Post a Comment